Submit Your Application
XA Staffing is Alberta’s most trusted customer service focused security and crowd management team. Our specialty is interacting with the public. We treat people with respect. We communicate. We smile. It’s what makes us different.
Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission Certifications
ProTect Security Staff Training is a program designed for individuals whose job responsibilities normally include:
- Monitoring and controlling access to the licensed premises at all entrances open to the public.
- Checking for proper identification to ensure only patrons of legal drinking age enter the premises.
- Ensuring compliance to the GLA, GLR, and AGLC policies.
- Ensuring patrons banned from entering or remaining on the premises do not enter or remain.
- Ensuring the occupant load under the fire code is not exceeded (crowd control duties).
- Staying highly visible and circulating through the licensed premises (floor person).
- Monitoring patrons and intervening early to prevent fights and other aggressive acts.
ProTect focuses on reducing the risk of liability and helping participants to improve their observation and communication skills. The training prepares them to prevent, defuse, and manage customer disturbances. ProTect training will help increase the safety and security of staff and patrons in licensed premises.
You must hold valid ProTect certification for employment at XA staffing.
ProServe is a mandatory training program for all people serving or selling liquor or providing security in a licensed premise. The program, which was officially launched in 2004, is a training tool to help:
- Curb the problem of underage drinking.
- Reduce alcohol over-consumption.
- Reduce impaired driving, and
- Reduce the risk of violence.
You must hold valid ProServe certification for employment at XA staffing.