Submit Your Application
XA Staffing is Alberta’s most trusted customer service focused security and crowd management team. Our specialty is interacting with the public. We treat people with respect. We communicate. We smile. It’s what makes us different.
Under the Alberta Security Services and Investigators Act, individuals working in the security industry must be licensed. Applicants for individual licenses must meet basic licensing requirements and training qualifications before applying to receive a license.
Individual licenses are issued for 2-year terms and are subject to the terms and conditions of the Act, Regulations, and Policy.
SSIA Licensing Requirements
Individuals applying for a licence under the Security Services and Investigators Act must meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years of age.
- A Canadian citizen or legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Competent and of good character.
- No serious criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
- No outstanding criminal charges.
- Not the subject of a criminal investigation.
- Fluent in speaking English: The standard for fluency is the ability to communicate effectively with the public and members of the emergency response system during emergency situations.
- Successful completion of training requirements (ABST or equivalent)
- Approximate costs for the entire licensing process is $200
Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission Certifications
ProTect Security Staff Training is a program designed for individuals whose job responsibilities normally include:
- Monitoring and controlling access to the licensed premises at all entrances open to the public.
- Checking for proper identification to ensure only patrons of legal drinking age enter the premises.
- Ensuring compliance to the GLA, GLR, and AGLC policies.
- Ensuring patrons banned from entering or remaining on the premises do not enter or remain.
- Ensuring the occupant load under the fire code is not exceeded (crowd control duties).
- Staying highly visible and circulating through the licensed premises (floor person).
- Monitoring patrons and intervening early to prevent fights and other aggressive acts.
ProTect focuses on reducing the risk of liability and helping participants to improve their observation and communication skills. The training prepares them to prevent, defuse, and manage customer disturbances. ProTect training will help increase the safety and security of staff and patrons in licensed premises.
You must hold valid ProTect certification for employment at xa. staffing.
ProServe is a mandatory training program for all people serving or selling liquor or providing security in a licensed premise. The program, which was officially launched in 2004, is a training tool to help:
- Curb the problem of underage drinking.
- Reduce alcohol over-consumption.
- Reduce impaired driving, and
- Reduce the risk of violence.
You must hold valid ProServe certification for employment at xa. staffing.